Tuesday, January 18, 2005

BLEAKNESS

My 36th summer is about to start
but why don't I feel like rejoicing?
There's an emptiness in my heart
and it won't stop aching.

I could remember all my plans
when I was still naive.
It seemed everything was at hand
and I readily believed.

"Here you go again." I heard a whisper.
"Stop dwelling on the 'what could've beens.'"
But the frustrations continue to linger
especially with all that I've seen.

Nothing came out right,
sadly, I have to admit.
I did try with all my might
but everything has a limit.

Now I'm faced with bleakness,
what is there left for me?
I hate this feeling of helplessness
and obvious uncertainty.

2 comments:

JO said...

Spoken like a true poet! Wish I could express myself the way you do... keep it up.

sushigirl said...

thank you very much.... ;)