Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Money, money, money

It was supposed to be a never-saw-it-coming tragedy. It was supposed to bring families together. It was supposed to be....

I really couldn't figure out who's right or who's wrong in the situation. One thing that I can say with surety that one party assumed the other party's action. EHH!!!! WRONG!!!! One should never assume because no one can ever think like you do for the simple reasons that person is not you.

It was really sad to hear a person's, or should i say a relative's, rantings on his family's omission of concern and support towards his problems. Don't get me wrong, I'll be hurt too if my family acted as if everything was all bright and rosy when I was already deep into my grief. But, how can you expect others to think about your welfare when you never make others' feel your concern to them. I'm not justifying or taking sides here. But it just pisses me off when somebody would say hurtful things (especially in anger) and the actual underlying sentiment is about money. Probably, for him, money is akin to concern. I honestly don't know... Although I must say that after listening to his emotional outburst, I didn't feel any semblance of sympathy. I felt disheartened instead. Is this the meaning of family to him? And I thought he would noticed the absence.....

No comments: