Sunday, August 03, 2008

The Ties That Bind

Is blood relation enough to sustain
the bond that families have?
Or it needs more than the same name
for it to survive the test of time?
Is money really that important
for families to continually communicate?
Or the familial connection is enough
for the bond to tighten?

It really hurts to see how families are torn apart because of financial misunderstandings. Call me, idealistic, somehow I don't believe that money is the be all and end all of life. Ok, we need money to survive in this jungle, we call world, but can money buy the unconditional love and neverending concern lovingly extended by your family.

Actually, I never thought so much of the importance of family to my existence. I used to believe that your family is just there to complete the components in your family tree. (Yes, I was that bad, believe me!) But, something happened (Looking back at it now, it wasn't that bad but for a girl who just stepped into the real world, it was extremely traumatic) along the way, and it was just a heartwarming thing to feel the support and love of your so-called family that you had taken for granted from day one.

I'm not a showy/touchy person so it's not easy to say "I Love You" but I honestly do try to show my undying appreciation through gestures I know they'll understand.

It's sad that it usually takes a tragedy to bind families together. But it's sadder to only see your family's presence rather than feel them.

No comments: