Friday, August 01, 2008

When It's Time To Say Goodbye

We were never really close, you and I,
But, somehow the bond that ties
was always there whenever we have the chance to meet
We didn't speak the same language
But everything was always clear with a smile
I was your big sister but I never had the chance to be one
Now the time has come for us to say goodbye
I can't think of the right words to say
Should I be sad that we've lost you forever
Or should I be glad that you're now free
from all that we've yet to go through in this lifetime

I'm catching my breath as I'm writing this
I can't allow the tears to fall
I don't want to feel the grief
I want to celebrate the life you had,
be it good or the other way
You lived, that's all there is to remember....

Memories of the little time that we're together
kept on flashing in my mind
If only, we got to know each other
maybe....
maybe I'll know for sure now what to say or do

Goodbye, my cousin....
Goodbye....

3 comments:

sushigirl said...

the more I think about your untimely departure, the more I regret on a lot of what could've beens, might've beens and should've beens....

JO said...

sorry to hear about your cousin....

sushigirl said...

thank you....